14.9 Electronic Addresses
Detailed instructions for transcribing e-mail, website, and Internet addresses, as well as filenames are located in Appendix C.3 of English Braille American Edition 1994. These instructions must be followed carefully in order to render an accurate and usable electronic address in braille.
Try the Drill in WESBraille
Try the Exercise in WESBraille
Prepare the following exercise for submission to the instructor.
- The high jump was won by Samuel Speed III, who cleared the bar at 6 ft., 10¾ in.— ¼ in. higher than the previous school record.
- At 6½% interest his investment of $3700.00 yielded a return of just $240.50.
- In 1952 the principal causes of accidents were: automobiles, 40%; at home, 22.5%; sports and recreation, 15.4%; pedestrians, 8.3%; travel, 6.6%.
- In the late nineteenth century the American Experience Table of Mortality gave the life expectancy at age 10 as 48.72 years and at age 95 as .50 years.
- We learned today that the ratio of the circumference of a circle to the radius is expressed C = 2 x R x 3.1416 (or 3 1/7).
- For many years a minute of silent prayer was observed each November 11, 11:00–11:01 a.m., to commemorate the signing of the armistice ending World War I.
- Friday, 2-4 p.m., will be devoted to interviewing applicants for the new position.
- The banquet will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- The missile took off from the launching pad at exactly 6:00:15 a.m.
- With 2/3 of the precincts already reported, the Governor leads his nearest competitor 189,769–160,323, though he had been given less than a 50-50 chance of winning by the pollsters.
- After 15 innings the two teams were still deadlocked 3–3.
- The motor number of the stolen car is 030/692.
- To-day ATandT stock closed at 36 3/4, up 5/8.
- Articles V-VII of the society's constitution deal with the powers and duties of the officers.
- The title page at the beginning of every braille volume lists the number of braille pages contained in that volume—thus, Pages i-xix and 1-79.
- Pope John XXIIIrd did much to promote the ecumenical movement.
- King Louis XVth of France is supposed to have said, "After me, the deluge."
- Many cities were demolished by the end of World War II—III will probably see the destruction of civilization.
- Charles I (1600-1649) was beheaded by the Parliamentary faction in England.
- The mysterious crate measured 6'H x 9'W x 2'D.
- Move all of the little girls' dresses, sizes 4½-6, to the next rack.
- Barber, please trim my hair ¼ - ½ inch.
- You need not worry; a person's temperature is normal when it falls in the 98.4 – 99.2 range.
- Add a hydrogen ion to H2O to get heavy water, D2O.
- More than 1/3 of our staff will be on vacation from 6/14 to 7/1.
- The e-mail address for NLS is firstname.lastname@example.org.